Effective Date: January 1, 2020 | Last Update: October 14, 2022
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services. This information includes the following:
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information you provide if you choose to register with us and set up a Modsy account. This information includes your name and email address, and may also include your phone number and physical address as well as billing and payment (credit card) information.
- Photos of your room and related information so that our designers can provide you with our design Services.
- Information you provide in response to a Modsy survey.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with Modsy, including email address, if you contact us for customer support or other purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services.
- Your style profile and design preferences.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on our website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. The information we collect automatically is statistical data. This data helps us to improve our Services and to deliver better and more personalized features to you, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other feature of our website.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information.
- To provide you with notices about your Modsy account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For the purpose of aggregated statistical analysis of how you and others use our website and our Services.
- For developing and marketing other services, provided no personal information is disclosed.
- For the management of our relationships and the administration of our Services and business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other legal purpose with your consent.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at email@example.com. For more information, see What Are Your Choices About How We Use And Share Your Information? below.
How Is Your Information Shared?
We may disclose and market aggregated information about users of our Services, and aggregated information collected via our Services, that does not relate to an identified or identifiable natural person, consumer or household without restriction, except if other prohibited by applicable law.
- To contractors, service providers, aggregators and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Modsy’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Modsy about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To service providers or third parties that use information for internet-based advertising as described in the What Information Do We Collect? section above.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- If you set up a Modsy account, in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Modsy, our clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In some cases, we use third-party service providers as data processors to process personal information. Examples of processing include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. Personal information is collected and/or shared to the extent necessary to enable such processing. These data processors may also include other service providers that facilitate processing of information to enable the Services to function.
Personal information that you provide to us, and information about your order, may be combined with other personal information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources. This information may be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient. This information may also be shared with third parties or service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts and with other marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you.
Other than as described above, we will never provide your personal information to anyone for any purpose under any circumstances.
What Are Your Choices About How We Use And Share Your Information?
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to give you the following controls over your information:
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
Marketers and Promotional Offers
If you prefer that we do not share your name and address with other marketers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to have your contact information or user content used by Modsy to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, the email will have an “unsubscribe” feature that will allow you to opt-out of receiving future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
How Is Your Information Kept Secure?
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls and will be backed up on at least a weekly basis. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about sharing your Modsy account information with anyone else or otherwise providing access by third parties to your Modsy account. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Children Under The Age Of 16
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information via our website or register for or use our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not access, use or register for the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us.